Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My baby girl turned two yesterday! I can't believe it. She is really turning into a little girl even though I still call her my baby. She is talking up a storm, learning how to walk with Mommy instead of being carried, interact with her friends and naming almost anything. She can count to three, but likes to stop on two. She is still working on her colors, right now she can repeat the colors, but when you ask her what color something is, she replies, "Red," almost every time :)

She still likes to snuggle when she is sleepy, gets hurt or gets in trouble. She makes messes all the time, but is learning to help clean them up. Thank you to all of my friends for giving me pointers and encouragement as we encounter new challenges everyday. I absolutely love being your Mommy, Kylee, and I can't wait for birthday number 3! Daddy and I love you very much. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

The day started out with a family birthday breakfast of oatmeal. When I got Kylee up I told her "Happy Birthday!" She walked around the kitchen looking for her birthday (I think she was looking for a cake). We gave her the two candle and she decided that was her birthday. She even blew out the candle after we sang to her at breakfast.

She is trying to hold up two fingers

After breakfast I picked her up and we were about to head out the door to go to school. Then I noticed that she had a whole bunch of blood in her ear. We found some on the pillow too. I thought for sure that she had burst her eardrum. I called the doctor and got her an appointment. We ran Bubba to school and then headed to the doctor's office. She was such a big girl at the doctor's office. She pulled out the step at the bottom of the table and decided to read her magazine.
The doctor said that her eardrum had not burst, but she did have an ear infection. He said she probably stuck her finger in there because it was hurting and scratched herself and made it bleed. Poor baby, I guess I need to trim her fingernails twice a week!

My mom dropped Kylee and I off at school and she headed to Walgreens to pick up Kylee's medicine. Kylee had only been at school for about an hour when she fell and busted her lip. Her teacher brought her to me with blood on her shirt. My mom was still there so i asked her take take Kylee home with her. I thought she had enough excitement for one day and we should let her rest at home.

We planned to take the kids to Chick-fil-A and let them play for her birthday dinner, but I came down with a bad cold and did not feel like going anywhere. So Daddy picked up food on his way home and we had Chick-fil-a at home. My mom got her a giant muffin to use as her cake and she very much enjoyed being the center of attention. She asked us to sing to her a second time and also had to repeat the blowing out of her candles.

After cake/muffin we opened presents. Bubba got her a book that she been asking for since Christmas. It is a Sandra Boynton book that her teacher has a school called, "Blue Hat, Green Hat." She was so excited when she got it. Mommy and Daddy got her a little table with folding chairs. Her and Bubba enjoyed reading together at it. That table is really cool b/c you can use dry erase markers on it and they erase! We did not show Kylee this cool trick. We were afraid she would think that everything was erasable, the walls, the table, etc.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kylee!!

I'm glad Lily isn't the only one who pretends she only knows one color. If you ask Lily, everything is "yellow" of all things. We have a table like that too, and we also didn't show Lily the marker feature for a while. But then at Grandma's over Christmas, she found a book that used a dry erase marker and LOVED it. So we broke down and let her use her markers when we got home, but only when closely supervised :) (but they do come out of stuff fairly easily.)