Monday, May 18, 2009

End of the school year

Well today is my last day tutoring in Killeen. I will miss the kids and the money, but not the drive :) They have offered me the position for next year, but I also just accepted another offer. I am going to be the new co-director of Belton Christian Preschool. I will only have to work 2 days a week, drive 5 minutes from my house and have Kylee with me at all times! How can I beat that?

The other director is a very sweet lady and I think that we are going to work very well together. I am excited and a little nervous since this is uncharted territory for me. But I'm sure that I will get the hang of it quickly.

Bryan comes home on the 30th of this month, that is less than two weeks away!! We went up and visited him in Stephenville. We got to go to church with him. It was interesting. It was a very small town and they were very conservative. All of the hymns were slower and clapping was not part of the assembly. I was going to clap to one of my favorite songs, but quickly saw that they did not do that. It was weird to see our preacher there though. He left Stephenville and came to work at our church. Then he went back to Stephenville a couple of months ago. I still love his preaching, but understand why he wanted to go back there.

We are getting everything in order for Bryan. We found a therapist in Round Rock that specializes in reactive attachment disorder and we have appointments scheduled. But then we found out that his medicaid was not renewed. I have started the process, but please pray that it will move quickly. We can't get him on our insurance yet either, so hopefully he won't get sick.

Kylee is 16 months old now. Can you believe it? She is doing everything including starting to throw fits. We are trying to get that under control. I think she just wants to do things that she can't do yet and gets very frustrated. She is officially weaned!! It only took 2 bouts of mastitis, but it is done. She still asks to nurse sometimes, but I can usually distract her with a snack.

My mom is doing well with her radiation. She only has about 2 weeks left, so she is looking forward to it being over. Please pray that these last two weeks go smoothly with minimal pain.

And we have to have some pictures to round out this very long post :)

Two weeks ago Kylee's best friend, Skylar came over to play. They loved rocking in the recliner.

My sister and her little ones came up on Saturday.
Emily and Kylee

Daddy reading to Kylee

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

congrats on the new job! sounds like everything is going well! congrats on weaning too. i know there are probably mixed feelings there. good job though!

Becky said...

I am proud FOR you Rebecca, I know the new job will be filled with challenges, but I am sure the rewards will be much greater!

Remembering to lift your Mom to the Lord's ear too!

HUGS!!!

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

I am just so happy that you will be the BCP director next year!! What an answered prayer. I feel so lucky to have my boys there since you will be over the program. We are so blessed to have you there!! You'll do AWESOME!! Congrats!
I hope everything works out with the insurance and medicaid stuff-- I know that can't be any fun.
Praying for your mom.

Ashley McIntosh said...

So proud of you for your new position!! Wish i was gonna be there with you :( I hope all went well with your mom!! And you already know how i feel about the medicaid office!! Hopefully it will go better for you!! I am so going to miss seeing you all the time!! And i know sky will miss kylee!! We have got to get them together this summer!! That pic is too cute!! Would be cuter if my turkey would have decided to smile!! Lol, we just waited too long!
Anyway, you guys are in my prayers!! Hope all goes well with everything!! I will be calling you soon!!