Monday, December 08, 2008

Random

This is my favorite time of year!! Every night I play Christmas music while we eat dinner. Kylee loves to dance to it. I found some new stockings for all of us at the Cracker Barrell. They always have such a great selection and I got all of them for 40% off! We all had stockings, but these are much cuter. I have done most of my shopping already. I decided to wrap the gifts as soon as I get home and that way I don't have to find a place to hide them. It has worked out very well so far.

We were very worried about Kylee getting into the tree, but so far so good. We ordered a fireplace screen/gate and we placed it around the tree. So far when we do make a fire we just have to tell her, "No," with our stern voice and she leaves it alone. Hopefully she keeps this up as she gets bigger :)

Kylee got her second round of the flu vaccine today. She recognized the nurse and held on to me tightly when she came in the door. Then as soon as I put her on the table she started fussing. Poor baby she actually remembered. There were only a few tears and then she was back to her happy self.

I have some very exciting news...I found 3 more of Kylee's favorite purple blankets! I know that is probably not exciting to you. We started out with one blanket, then my sister found 3 more for me, so that made 4. Now we have lost one and we are down to three. But with the additional ones that I found at Ross, we have 6!! Its pretty sad when that is the most exciting thing that you have to blog about huh?

So Kylee is definitely "healthy." I have had the hardest time finding jeans to fit her. We have one pair that someone gave to me and it says that it is Rider brand. I have looked everywhere for that and I can't find it. I have tried jeans from Target, JCPenney and Walmart. All are too small. I was about to drive to Killeen to check out Old Navy when I decided to head over to a local consignment shop. I found two pairs and got them both for $12.99!! I refuse to pay more for Kylee's jeans than I do for mine so I was very pleased. Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do?

I hope all of you are enjoying the holiday season. Sorry i haven't taken any pictures lately. I need to get back to my daily picture taking!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey...we loved your Christmas music yesterday, too! And your house is so warm and festive for the holidays. Great idea with your screen! That was so smart. We had a wonderful time with you guys yesterday. Thank you again for a great lunch and fellowship.

Shyla said...

YEAH for chubby healthy babies! I hope you guys have a VERY Merry Christmas! Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

You didn't mention where you looked... here's what I came up with... good luck!

Kristal

http://www.ridersjeans.com/FindRetailer/CityState/temple,TX/Page1

Becky said...

You might try Children's Place or their outlet store in RR. We've always had luck them them. I agree though, A LOT of the jeans out there are too short in the crotch (i hated writing that word, but what else do i say) Or around the diaper? Is that better? They hang down in the back and are TOO tight! Plus they have great sales all the time, especially at the outlet mall. HUGS!!!

Rebecca said...

Thanks Krystal! I found some on Wal-mart.com :) Yea! Thanks to Becky too I will have to check Children's Place out!!