Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Good news!

My check engine light came on about 2 months ago. I figured I needed an oil change or something. But it kept coming on and then going off for quite some time. So I took it up to Jonathan's work where one of his mechanic friends has a computer to check and see what is wrong. He said that it was the catalytic converter. Immediately I thought, great how expensive is that. Then he told us that the government mandates an 80,000 mile warranty to cover those. When I checked my odometer it was at 78,300. Yeah. So I took it up to Waco at the Isuzu dealership. They told me it would take a couple of hours to check it and then a couple of months to get the part in. I thought great. But it turns out it only took about 3 minutes to check it and it will take a week to get it in since I have a V6 instead of a V4. Plus there is no deductible. I am thankful for the government guidelines. How often can you say that these days?

Then I got a call from my old school where I used to teach. They need tutors for math and reading. It is part time and they are going to let me teach Mondays/Wednesdays, 8-3. I will still be able to teach at the preschool on Tuesdays/Thursdays and I will have Fridays to spend all day with Kylee. I found someone to keep her already and she has a 9 month old for Kylee to play with. I will make enough money so that Jonathan won't have to get a second job! God is blessing us.

Here is the long awaited picture with Santa.
UPDATE: I HAVE MISPLACED THE PICTURE WITH SANTA. DON'T WORRY I WILL FIND IT BEFORE CHRISTMAS.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay, Rebecca! That's exciting news!

Alisha Stewart said...

What a blessing. We had a similar experience with one of our tires a couple of weeks ago. It turns out we had a nail in an "unrepairable" spot and since we had the warranty we got a brand new one for free. It always makes you smile when you realize that you don't have to shell out hundreds of dollars you don't really have.

Amanda said...

That's awesome Rebecca!

I was reading your post below about getting jeans to fit Kylee. We had the same problem with Bethany and I just had to give up jeans for awhile! The Children's place has them 2 for $22 all the time and they have them cheaper than that a lot! They fit Bethany pretty well now, but she has thinned out some. :)

Amanda said...

Congratulations, several times over!