Thursday, August 28, 2008

Brayn and other stuff

Bryan gets to come home this weekend!! He hasn't been home since the beginning of July. He was supposed to get to come home in August, but there was some mix-up with his schedule and disappointingly he was unable to come home at all :( So Kylee and I are going to get him tomorrow. I hope that if I leave when her nap is supposed to start, she might sleep most of the way there. I know, I know...wishful thinking. But we have never made the trip without Daddy so I am a little nervous. Bryan can leave at 3:30 and J doesn't get off until 5:30 so he will be home when we get back. I can't wait to see the little guy!!

Please keep him in your prayers as school is very difficult with him. He not only has social problems, but academic ones as well. His teacher found him curled up in a ball under his desk during silent reading. My guess is that he is very overwhelmed. His 2nd grade teacher had the class read out loud and with his dyslexia, that was probably quite a bit easier. We are having a 504 on Wednesday so I am hoping that we can come up with a plan to help him. It makes me just want to bring him home so I can protect him. But we are trying to remember why we placed him and all the progress that he has made.

In other news Kylee is pulling up on everything. She is doing quite well. She thinks about crusing, but hasn't venture away from standing yet. She doesn't cry when she falls anymore so that is good. She hasn't been taking good naps though. I am leaving her in the crib even if she doesn't sleep so I can get stuff done or at least have a break. Hopefully this is just a phase!!

Here are some of her 6 month pics. Courtesy of Barefeet Photography!



5 comments:

Michelle said...

She is so cute!

I'm sure things will get better for Bryan. Hopefully it's just an adjustment at the school that he's getting used to. I bet he is super happy to be seeing you guys!

Jennifer said...

I LOVE that last pic of Kylee! How much fun and super cute!

Becky said...

You'll do fine on the trip, don't worry! We'll keep him in our prayers too, hopefully some issues will be resolved at the 504...just remember what I always say, the squeeky wheel gets the oil! You guys have HIS best interests at heart, voice it at the meeting!

Kylee looks adorable, her pictures turned out wonderful! LOVE the smile in the last one with her girly girl fru-fru skirt on :)

Amanda said...

Good luck with Bryan's 504. And have a great time with him this weekend! He's lucky to have you guys to help him get what he needs.

I love Kylee's pictures! I especially love the tutu one! It's funny - just the other day I bought Landry a tutu for her 6 month pictures. I hope they turn out that cute!

Shyla said...

The tutu picture is TOO CUTE!! Very adorable.

I hope you have a great weekend with Bryan.