Saturday, August 16, 2008

Allen, TX

Last Friday afternoon we packed up and headed to Allen, TX to see my Karen and Scott's new house (sister and brother-in-law). My parents joined us so somehow we squeezed five people and all of Kylee's luggage into our rodeo! Kylee was pretty good for the trip, but got really fussy once we got into Dallas. Nothing would make her happy so we put her favorite Baby Einstein's into the computer and she was a happy camper. Here is a picture of her watching it on her lap! I always said I would never let my kids watch TV in the car. I guess I ate my words.



Karen and Scott have a dog named Wallace and Kylee absolutely loved him! She was always smiling at him and would follow him around all over the house. Yes she followed him! She is finally crawling for real. Sometimes she still crawls on her feet, but she can also crawl on her knees. I can't believe how big she is!! Here is a picture of Wallace. I got some video of them together, but I don't know how to load it yet. Stay tuned.



My mom and I decided to stay in Allen for a couple of extra days to help Karen unpack. Jonathan and my Dad had to get back to work so they left and my mom and I were planning to take the train home. But there was some sort of accident in Missouri and the train derailed. All of the the rides were very delayed and projected to take 2 extra hours. That would make our ride of 5 hours into 7! That is too long for Kylee, not to mention Mommy. That would mean that she would be in my lap for 7 hours. NOT A GOOD IDEA! So we decided to rent a car. When we called around all of the cars were gone. We had to wait until Thursday to get a car, crazy huh? It turned out to be a very good idea to rent a car. We had so much stuff there is no way we could have fit on a train. We got a Toyota corolla and the trunk was stuffed full.

It was fun to spend a couple of extra days with my sister and Scott. They have a beautiful home. Congrats Karen and Scott.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Amen sista! Travelling with baby gear is hectic! We now resemble the beverly hillbillies whenever we travel together. Looks like lots of fun AND we love schnauzers here at Casita de Alaniz and Wallace is a cute one :)

HUGS!!

Amanda said...

The picture with the laptop is hilarious!