Saturday, September 30, 2006

Laugh Out loud!!!


Friday nights are our family night. Jonathan and I haven't been feeling well this week so we needed a night on the couch. We rented "The RV." I had seen the previews when it came out and I did not want to see it at all. But it was highly recommended by a couple of people so I decided to give it a chance.

As we turned it on Bryan said, "Is he still a robot?" To Bryan, Robin Williams is the robot from Bicentinial Man. We explained that he was just a regular man in this movie. Its hard to imagine that someone doesn't know how funny he is.

So we laughed so hard during this movie as the "rolling terd" traveled through the US while the family inside tried very hard not to have a good time. Through the whole movie there is this hillarious music with a man humming and it just made the movie. If you haven't seen it, you HAVE TO RENT IT!

Oh and just to prove that Bryan has a toy that goes with every movie, he went into his room and got his RV when the movie was over so that he could act it out.

6 comments:

Henry Melton said...

I have yet to see this movie, and I may wait longer. For one thing, I almost live in my RV, and I fear it that it was done wrong. The best movie of this class that I've seen is the Lucille Ball move The Long Long Trailer. It had so much truth in it about mobile living that I've got a permanent copy in my archives.

Tell me is this move funny to people who use RV's or only to those who don't?

Karen said...

I can't quite answer that one Henry. For an example, in one scene, they face the time to empty the commode. Being RV amateurs, and lacking a little common sense, they end up getting very messy. As an expert you might watch and laugh at how dumb these people are, but I think it would still give you a chuckle. Give it a watch, and let us know.

Becca, I laughed out loud when I read about Bryan reinacting. I always think it's so cute. I'll never forget the day when he was 4 and he ran and tried to cling to the walls after we all watched Spider Man.

Ginger said...

Henry,
As an RVer myself, I can say that it is extremely funny! They do poke fun at some of the "full-time" people, but overall, it is a great movie. I can't say that it I was offended in the least.

Rebecca said...

Henry I think that you would laugh. A lot of the things that are funny are funny because of the family, not neccesarily the RV. You could let us know which parts are terribly inaccurate too!

Yes Karen, he is hillarious. He remembers which toys we have packed away in the garage and wants to get them if they match a movie. At least he entertains himself for the most part.

Chris said...

I need to get you to join my movie review blog Becca. :)

JAPierce said...

Glad to hear from you guys. I hope all is still well. I remember coming out of the dollar theater with my family and my brother and I would immediately begin acting out the movie we just saw. Until we fought over something, which didn't take long!

We sure do miss you guys. Hope we can see you soon.