Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Chicken Enchilada Soup

So if anyone is still reading my blog, I wanted to share a new recipe with everyone. I made this for my fam the other night and they loved it. Plus it made a lot of leftovers to take to work.

4 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can Ro-tel tomatoes, diced
1 carton 1/2 & 1/2
Milk (1/2 & 1/2 carton full)
3 chicken breasts cooked & diced
1 small velveeta mexican cheese (I used half of a big regular flavor)
salt, pepper, chili powder (I left that out) to taste

Melt velveeta in microwave (I just got it a little soft, like 2 mintutes). Combine all ingredients and stif in velveeta. heat until hot, NOT boiling. Serve with tortilla chips. You can cook it all day on low, but I didn't have all day. I cooked it 2 hours on high and 1 1/2 hours on low.

I am always looking for easy new recipes. Let me know if any of you have some favorites!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I've never seen anyone not spell out half and half. That threw me for a loop for a minute. How much chili powder? I'll probably have to add more than it calls for to satisfy my husbands taste buds. Then again, he'll just add Tabasco anyway.

Chris said...

We tried it, but it was terrible, so we tossed it out back and it killed the dog, so now we have a new dog, but it is still at Grandma's house because the backyard is being decontaminated by the EPA. Thanks for sharing. Do you have any dessert recipies?

Rebecca said...

Well I left the chili powder out b/c I didn't have any.

And Chris that dog was pretty crazy anyway. It was time for a new one.