Tuesday, October 04, 2005

What a Weekend

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted, thank you to my loyal readers who actually will look at this even though it has been so long. We closed on our house on Friday! We moved in over the weekend. A group from our church arrived at our apartment on Saturday morning at 7:30 and we totally unloaded and the beds were even put together at our new house by 9:30!

We also got to see Karen this weekend and meet Scott. He was very nice and even laughed at some of my jokes, so of course he is in. He seems really sweet. I hope he realizes that every time he visits, we won't be putting him to so much work.

Poor Jonathan, he has not rearranged the living room about 3 times for me. We finally had to put the piano in the office because we could not fit it and the love seat in our living room. It is kind of a small living room, but don't worry Dad, we are going to get a coffee table for this one.

My bathroom and kitchen are completely unpacked, but I can't say much for any other rooms. I know that it will be a slow process. It is still weird to come home to this house and realize that it belongs to us. I had a renters moment when we moved in. The blinds in one of the bedrooms got bent by a mattress and I looked at it and said to myself, "We better fix those or we will be charged." Then I quickly realized that the blinds belong to us! God has really blessed our lives with this house and we hope that we can find a way to use it for him. Or hopefully we can find many ways!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Becca,
Congrats! One of the first times you will really realize that you own the house and are not just renting is when something major needs to be fixed and you can't call your landlord to do it!

Chris said...

We usally finish unpacking the day before we start packing up to move to the next place.

Rebecca said...

That sounds like a good plan. I figure if we haven't unpacked after like 6 months, we probably don't need it and we can donate it to Goodwill