Friday, October 07, 2005

A Sweetheart

Today as I was driving to work, I realized how much I missed Jonathan. No he's not out of town, he sleeps in my bed every night, but I just have not gotten to see him for more than 20 minutes all week. He has been working a lot of hours. Don't get me wrong, the money is good, but I miss him. If he is not closing, he gets home around 10:30 or 11, but I go to bed at or before 10. I get up at 5:45 and am off to work by 6:45, while he gets up for work about 9:30. He did the sweetest thing the other morning. He got up and ate breakfast with me even though he hadn't gotten home from work the night before until like 11:30. What a sweetheart. The way that I knew that I was really missing him...I heard I Will Be There on K-Love. We played that in our wedding and I just started crying. I had to quickly change the station when the song was over, I needed something upbeat. Elementary kids get very worried about you if you are crying! Mix 94.7, a secular station (don't worry I will go down front on Sunday), provided a little rock and roll to get me back on track. I slapped on a smile and greeted all my kids.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

It is nice to read that I am not the only lucky lady in the world. I am amazed that God blessed me with such a wonderful man, too. Congratulations on being blessed as well.

Chris said...

That is funny. I was driving to work today, and I realized how much I missed Jonathan, too! Can you send him down to have breakfast with us sometime this week?

Rebecca said...

Aren't we blessed Ginger?

Chris I will pass the message on, I'm sure that Jonathan misses you too. Were there any tears when you started missing him?

Chris said...

It was not tears. I think I just got a little spec of dust in my eye that caused it to water a little.