Saturday, November 14, 2009

Stomach bug (again)

Well the bug is back. This time it has invaded tiny Kylee's little body :( She has been battling a bad cold for over a week so when I found her in her bed yesterday afternoon covered in yuck, I just thought that she had coughed too hard. We took her to the doctor after that b/c I wanted to make sure the cold hadn't turned into anything else. The doctor said that it was still just a cold (sigh). Don't you always feel dumb when they say that? Kylee had been extra fussy and pulling on her ear so I thought for sure that she had another infection.

Kylee got up and ate breakfast this morning and was ready to go grocery shopping. So we left and headed to HEB. I started out by the produce, we got strawberries, blueberries, lettuce, onions, bananas and as I was looking at the yummy lemon cakes, it happened. She threw up all over HEB. This is one of those situations where you think, "Okay now what?" She was covered in yuck and wanted it off. I motioned to a nice HEB worker and told him what had happened. He looked less than thrilled and called a code 55 over the intercom. He brought me some paper towels and I tried to clean up a little. I stripped Kylee and then a nice man came with his mop and said that he would take care of it. I offered to pay for the few groceries I had gotten and said not to worry about it. So we left with a sick little girl and no groceries.

Jonathan headed down to Houston this afternoon so I had the challenge of getting some essentials without a Daddy. This grocery trip was going to do some major restocking, I mean we didn't even have bread! So after we got home and I gave her a bath and put some clean clothes on I grabbed Bryan and we headed to Walgreens to pick up a few groceries for the weekend. Bryan stayed in the car with her while she watched an episode of Imagination Movers. Thank goodness for my 10 year old!

So has anyone else ever had a public bout with the yuckies?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

We have not yet experienced this. But I am so sorry to hear that you now have! I hope that sweet little Kylee is feeling better now, and I hope she didn't share with anyone either :-)

Becky said...

Oh girl...I think I may be able to trump that story! Cade puked on an airplane flight! YEAH...just think ENCLOSED AIR FLOW...and the flight attendant was SOOOOO not thrilled with us that when we asked for some paper towels, she brought us a SINGLE napkin. NO, I'm not joking and obviously she did NOT have kids of her own. Needless to say we stepped off the plane in Texas with a baby in a just a diaper. Somewhat appropriate for Texas I suppose!

Sorry you had to go through that, but that was a good idea to go to Wal-Greens! Thank goodness for modern conveniences :) HUGS!!!