Friday, November 07, 2008

Kylee

Yesterday Kylee choked on something that she found in the toy box at preschool. I had gone to run some errands when it happened, but this is how I was told it happened.Her teacher turned around and saw Kylee standing by the toy box and it looked like she was yawning. She realized that she wasn't breathing and did the sweep in her mouth. She felt something hard at the back of her throat, but was unable to get it out. It went down further, but Kylee started breathing again.

A few minutes later Kylee stopped breathing and her teacher ran her down to the directors office. The director hit her on the back and a tiny little piece of plastic wrapping came out. She started breathing again and was back to her old self. When I picked her up I took her over to the doctor to make sure everything was okay. He said she was breathing well and seemed okay, but wanted to take an x-ray to be sure (we weren't sure if that tiny little piece of plastic was it since it had felt hard). The x-ray showed that there was nothing in there and she is doing well.

But while we were there he checked on her ear infection and said that she probably needed another antibiotic. He gave her a z-pack which she will start tomorrow. Poor baby. She seems to be feeling alright, but we are going to keep her home tonight so she can get a good night's sleep. We were supposed to go down to the homecoming game of my high school with some old friends. But I think it would do her some good to stay here.

Sorry no pictures this time, I will post some later

7 comments:

Becky said...

Oh my Rebecca, that is a scary story...I am so sorry you had to go through that. It brought back memories of when Cade aspirated a peanut at Roadhouse. It's good that you took her to the doctor for a check up, just to be sure. Cade's didn't show up until we took him back in for his follow up from the ER visit. I hope that Kylee will feel better again soon. She has had an ear infection for such a long time now, I pray the z-pack will do the trick. Take care of each other.

HUGS!!!

Amanda said...

Wow, that is so scary! Bethany has choked twice and it was the scariest thing. I'm so glad she's okay now. Poor baby!

Amanda said...

By the way, thanks for playing the tag game! I enjoyed reading your answers!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm so glad to hear the story turned out ok in the end. Hope she gets through the antibiotics well and feels good again.

Take care!

Karianne said...

What a rough day for poor Kylee! I hope her ear infection goes away soon. Those are no fun. We sure did miss getting together, but you made the right decision. And we got to spend Jonah's birthday with him after all!

We'll just have to try it again another time.

Amanda said...

Oh! I'm so glad everything turned out ok. I'm sorry she is still feeling sick though and I hope she feels better soon.

Jennifer said...

Yikes, scary! I'm glad she's ok! They find the littlest things and it goes straight to the mouth. Glad Mommy is ok, too. That is scary for everyone!