Friday, February 02, 2007

The flu shot doesn't always work


I have been getting the flu shot every year since I became a teacher. I do work with a lot of snotty-nosed kids who are sick a lot. Not their fault I know, but its the truth. Well I have been struggling to get over a sinus infection for 2 1/2 weeks and Tuesday night I started running fever. I was shivering so much that I couldn't sleep. So I went back to the doctor and he said that I had the flu on top of my sinus infection. Great!

So my experience with the flu has been all sleeping. I slept off and on for about 30 hours before I started to feel better. I am still a little tired, but I am up and around and even cleaned the kitchen this morning.

Jonathan has been absolutely wonderful while I have been sick. He wouldn't let me get out of bed because I needed to rest. He made 2 trips to the grocery store after he has worked a 10 hour day and picked up Bryan from daycare. He fixed me soup and eggs. What a great hubby.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry you are sick! I've decided there is just no way to avoid it! I have been sick three times this year, the worst over christmas break! Anyway, I hope you feel better soon!

JAPierce said...

guess what...now I might have pink eye! These kids! This is how they repay us??? :) Hope you're feeling better.

Chris said...

I never get flu shots, because when I do I always catch the flu, so I figure by not taking the shot I have a chance to avoid it alltogether. Sometimes it works.

Unknown said...

That's also my philosophy, Chris. By the way Becca, it's definitely time for a new post! Where are these couches we heard about?

Chris said...

Can you bring your new couches with you to Austin tomorrow? I would like to see them.