Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Tribute to Nancy

When I started teaching 3 years ago, Nancy was my mentor. She was a great mentor always one step ahead of me and giving me little nudges when I needed them. When Nancy decided to move to the new school, I was a little sad that we would no longer be teaching together. But then I was blessed with the opportunity to go with her.

When Nancy got back from her Christmas vacation, she announced that she knew what she needed to do with her life (as if she hadn't already done enough)! She said that her mom is still able to be up and about and travel right now so she wanted to go and get to spend some time with her mom while she still could. She is retiring from 29 years of teaching and I am going to greatly miss her!

Here is a picture from her retirement party.

4 comments:

Chris said...

That is wise to nor wait on what she really wants to do.

Anonymous said...

Becca,
The picture of the two of you is so good. I know you will miss Nancy next year. I am so thankful you had her for your mentor. If you talk to her before she leaves please tell her I wish her the best.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the picture is really good...she looks like a really sweet lady...you are blessed to have had her in your life!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you had someone to help you through the first years! I am sure she has been a blessing.

It sounds like you guys have been having alot of fun! What are your summer plans?