Monday, April 24, 2006

The Reality Has Set In

Bryan has been living with us for about 3 1/2 months now. He has adjusted really well. He has stopped his whining for the most part, he is becoming more outgoing, and seems to be happier in general. He now asks to help around the house, smiles a lot and is a lot of fun to hang out with.

But this weekend we went down to see his mom and ever since we got back he gets sad every night and says that he wants to go back and live with her. I think that the reality has set in. This isn't a temporary thing and we do have a lot more rules than Mommy did. It breaks my heart when he gets out of bed at night and says that he is sad. The only thing that I can tell him is that I don't know when he will go back and live with his mommy. I keep telling him that we want him to live with his mom too as soon as it is a good time. He keeps asking me if it will be in a couple of days or weeks. I guess he wants me to commit to a time so that he can plan on it.

Please keep him in your prayers. I know that this is a very hard and confusing time for him.

2 comments:

Mary Ann Melton said...

Yes, this is a hard time for Bryan. But you and Jonathan are doing God's work in caring for him, teaching him, and loving him. When Bryan is grown, he will be grateful for the time he spends with you now.

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I am so amazed at what you guys are doing. I think it is incredible! Everytime I think about you, I say a prayer for God's guidance and strength. I will also pray for Bryan. We love you and miss you!