Sunday, February 19, 2006

Great Weekend

My mom and Debi came up for the weekend to visit Bryan and we had a good visit! Friday night, I got in late from a convention in San Antonio and we got to visit a little. Then on Saturday we all slept late and had a lazy day. We had waffles for breakfast, sat around and talked, rented a couple movies and did some grocery shopping. Then Saturday night Jonathan and I got to go on a date. Taking care of a child makes us really appreciate our time together.

We went to see Firewall. It had Harrison Ford in it and I don't know the names of the other actors and actresses. It was pretty good, with lots of action. We were a little dissapointed by its abrupt ending. Jonathan said that they probably ran out of money and decided to end the story. I think that they hit the 2 hour mark and had to stop.

Sunday it was icy and church was canceled, so we slept late again and spent the morning talking. Then Debi took Bryan to McDonalds for some Mommy/son time and they really enjoyed themselves. When it was time for Debi and Mom to leave, Bryan got a little upset and said that he didn't want her to go. I hugged on him and we talked about why he was living here and how much his mom loved him. Then he was cheered up when we decided to "dogpile" some pillows in the living room.

Then we ate dinner and did some homework. I have been teaching him how to clean his own bathroom and he really takes pride in the fact that he does it. Thank goodness for bleach wipes! Then I told him that I had to go and clean my bathroom and he said, "Can I help?!" I said that I would love for him to help. That was a surprise. He helped me clean the whole house. We scrubbed the stains in the carpet, vacuumed, cleaned my bedroom, and he loved his job of emptying all of the little trash cans into the big one. He was excited every time we found another one that needed to be emptied. What a great weekend.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Becca,
You and Jonathan are doing a WONDERFUL thing for Bryan and Debbi. I am so glad you were able to do this for them.

Isn't it amazing how much the little things make you proud of a kid? Never thought it would be like that.

Rebecca said...

That is true, we get so excited about things around here now. Like today he wrote all five words on his spelling test, that is the first time and I felt like doing a dance.

Anonymous said...

Hi Becca,
I want you to know how proud I am of you and Jonathan. You are doing a great job of training Bryan. Debi and I really enjoyed our time with all of you. The sleeping late was a treat for me. Thanks for having us.
Love to all,
Mom