Monday, January 02, 2006

2006

So it is another year. The biggest change for me when a new year starts is writing the checks with the correct year or noticing dates printed with 06. This was an unusual New Years for us. For the 1st time in our 5 years of marriage, Jonathan was off work, but he was still hard at work. We took one our friends from church with us and we headed down to Austin. First stop was my mom's house where a music teacher and an airplane mechanic became electricians and plumbers. My mom got a garbage disposal for Christmas about 3 years ago and she always talks about how it would be nice to have it in. Jonathan said that he wouldn't mind putting it in, but he was unsure about the electrical side of things since it would involve wiring with the dishwasher. But somehow, armed with his friend Tim (the music teacher), he had a new confidence in his abilities.

Mom decided to go ahead and get a new sink because hers was really old and she might as well get it all done. So they set off on their project and there seemed to be many obstacles along the way, but after learning how to wire the dishwasher, install a switch, sauter a new pipe to the old one (which was leaking) and make a sink fit in a hole that was too big for it, the sink and garbage disposal are working!

Then the next day they headed over to Jonathan's dad's house to put a floor in their attic. That of course had its own obstacles, Tim made a nice skylight in Chris's closet and Chris didn't even know that he always wanted a skylight in his closet. They got about half of it done and will probably go back another weekend to finish the job.

Tomorrow is back to the grind at work, but I am going to enjoy my day off today! I might lay around and think of some resolutions that I should make, or I might just resolve to take naps all day, we'll see what my inspiration is. But I wish a happy and blessed year to all of my friends and family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to these two guys I am really enjoying my new shiny sink and I love having a disposal. Thanks to Chris and Ruth Ann who bought it for me. Today I plan to put in the new containers for all the under the sink supplies and install a push button light so that I can see better under there.

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot to add, please tell the music teacher I am shopping earnestly for" a manly cup".