Friday, July 22, 2011

Where has the time gone?

So Bailey is 16 months old and I think I have only blogged about her a handful of times. So this post is for you, miniature! She is getting so big and has such a great personality. We really got to see her personality come out when big sister went to spend a couple of days with Grandma and Bailey stayed home with us. She actually has a great sense of humor and loves to interact with us!!

At her 15 month appt we found out that she was in the 5 percentile for height (no surprise), but only the 25 for weight. The doctor didn't seem concerned, but I explained how Bailey just doesn't eat. She has always been picky. She NEVER at any baby food to speak of.  I tried everything, homemade, mixed with other things, cold, hot, you name it. Here are the few things that she will eat: oatmeal, cereal, apple slices (she just started those), yogurt puffs, yogurt covered raisins, gogurt if she is in the mood (won't go near regular yogurt bc she can't hold it), soft pretzels, rolls, corn, green beans (if she is in the mood), gerber spaghettio rings, mac and cheese and sweets. That may sound like a lot, but you have to remember that she might eat one of these foods one night and not touch it for another week. For a while she loved hot dogs. Every time I made her one she would eat it. Now she won't touch them.So hardly any fruit or vegetables. I put our dinner in front of her every night and she shakes her head no!

She will not come anywhere close to juice. This doesn't really bother me since I don't see the point in giving your kids juice if they will drink water. And I have to warm her milk in the microwave for 30 seconds before she will drink it. I now put half pediasure and milk in her bottle/sippy cup in the morning and at night to give her some extra vitamins. But man is that stuff expensive. I think I would rather give her formula!

Bailey absolutely adores her big sister, except when she wants something that Kylee doesn't want to give her. The sometimes play in Kylee's room for minutes at a time, its very sweet. Bailey talks a lot, but we don't always understand it. She can say more and please in sign language and sometimes it breaks your heart because she will say please for something that she can't have. She often comes and says please to me and starts walking towards the kitchen. She gets me to follow her and open the pantry where she will hand me pediasure! lol! You want to give it to her just because she is so cute. Here are the words that you can understand: shoe, Daddy, no-no, mama, well and that's about it. LIke I said, she talks a lot but you just have no clue what she is saying. She says pat pat a lot. We aren't sure if that is for patty cake or to watch tv. She seems to say it and point to the ipod in the car. But then she also does it while clapping and rolling her hands. Who knows?
 Sister in the bath!

 Some time for reflection at the zoo!

 Do I have to be on here?

 One of the few pictures where I am in it!

 Silly Daddy

 Playing in the Salado creek. I don't think she likes how dirty the water is

 My own serving of ice cream!

 See Mommy I can drive!!



Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Shyla said...

What great kids you have!

Jennifer said...

Colby was in the 25% for a while. I don't think that's a bad place to be really. And, considering she's only 5% for height, 25% is not bad at all. She certainly doesn't look like she's starving. She looks nice and healthy! Toddlers are super picky. Abriella's diet was WAY less when she was that age, and Colby has become the picky eater as well lately. It's just those crazy stages they go through!