Friday, June 10, 2011

Pajama Day

We were out of town for almost a week and we just got back yesterday afternoon. We got to go down to Austin and visit Jonathan's sister and parents and then we got to see one of my nieces graduate from High School! Way to go Kim! After the graduation we loaded back up in the car and headed north to go visit my sister and her husband in DFW area.

Since Jonathan is still without a job, he happened to have some time off at the same time as me. Karen's husband Scott also had the week off, so they quickly got started on a manly project. They built a new floor for their shed and Jonathan constructed a pretty cool ramp. I always love to see my man in his tool belt :)

One of the girls favorite things about Karen and Scott's house are their dogs. They have two and also have to kennels. The girls loved to climb in those things. Kylee was trying to lock Bailey in and I looked up to find both of them in the kennel together. So cute. Please don't call CPS, they were only in there for a minute.



It was nice to get away and think about something other than the fact that Jonathan lost his job. Coming back to reality was not fun, but I thought we would just have a pajama day to catch up on our energy. We ended up meeting my mom and dad for breakfast/lunch at IHop and then we headed over to a little water park here in Temple. The kids had a blast and Kylee threw a fit when it was time to leave. I literally had to carry her out. Of course I took no pictures, you know how I am, but I will record some memories. Kylee was very scared to go under the mushroom that poured water on your head, but she kept calling it the cupcake. Bailey enjoyed the lazy river in her little hippo floaty. She nearly fell asleep while floating!

Kylee has always loved to watch tv. She is truly her daddy's daughter. She loved to watch shows like Imagination Movers, Little Einstein's (Pat Pat) and other various 20 minute kids shows. Needless to say I got really tired of these. We tried watching movies with her, but she would have have nothing to do with it. She would watch for about two minutes and then beg to watch a "show." But I finally found a movie that she loved, the Barbie Fairy Princess Movie. I don't honestly know what it is actually called, but that is what she calls it. JOnathan and I aren't really into the ideas that Barbie puts out, but the movies are pretty cute. The first day that we had the movie, she watched it 3 times!

So we now have a handful of movies that she will sit through. One of which is Tangled. Cute movie. Today Jonathan and I were quoting some lines from the movie while riding in the van. Kylee piped up from the backseat and said, "You broke my smolder!" She is so witty.

Bailey is quite active now and wants to do everything sister does. She steals her silkies from her and now she throws a fit when Kylee takes them back. She also wants to play with all of the same toys that Kylee is playing with when Kylee is playing with them. The cutest thing happened today while we were waiting to pay at IHop. Kylee grabbed Bailey's hands and played Ring Around the Rosies with her. It was so P R E C I O U S!! Those are the kind so of moments that  I hope I can remember forever bc of course I didn't get it on tape.

1 comment:

Shyla said...

I'm sorry Jonathan lost his job. But I'm glad you guys are making the most of it by getting quality family time!