Tuesday, July 06, 2010

4th of July Weekend

I was a bad mama and didn't get my camera out once this weekend. The girls even wore matching dresses to church so I will have to dress them up again and take a picture.

We got to bring Bryan home with us Wednesday night after I me and the girls had a short visit with my mom. Friday afternoon all of the Nystroms came up to visit (this is the family that Bryan is living with now). We ate a quick dinner of stack-ups and all of them went off to the rodeo. They said that they had a great time. Kylee asked to see the horses again all day the next day so i think they made an impression.

While they were off my sister and I went to get a pedicure! This was only my second one in my life. I took Bailey with us and she was great. She nursed part of the time and then just watched a little tv in my lap for the rest of the time. My sister and I were celebrating her birthday that was the day before. It was nice to have some much needed sister time!

Saturday we were supposed to go to the Belton parade where Jonathan drove some John Deere tractor. But I chickened out b/c there was a chance of rain. It turned out that it didn't rain and it was perfect weather, but I enjoyed taking it easy at home and staying in my pj's till lunch.

Sunday we all went to church and then had a leisurly Sunday afternoon. The Nystrom clan left about 5:30 that evening and we were left with our two girls and our sweet Bryan. We put munchkin to bed and played some games with Bryan. Miniature finally went to bed and we watched Alice in Wonderland with Bryan. I couldn't get into it so I went to my room and went to sleep.

Monday morning I went to work for a little bit and then we got all of our swimming gear on. We went over to the Lion's Junction park for some swimming time. Again i forgot my camera. Kylee loved the water! Bailey sat in the water with Daddy and she cried when he tried to take her out. I think she is going to be a water baby!

Then we headed down to Austin to see Toy Story. We weren't sure how this adventure would turn out with a munchkin and a miniature, but we decided to brave it. I thought the movie was absolutely adorable!! For those of you who have seen it, my favorite part was when Mr. Potato head became a Mr. Tortilla Head!! Kylee didn't watch the whole movie, but she did entertain herself with her silky and cow. When the movie was over and we were watching the credits she told me that I needed to come sit on the floor with her and play with a toy. She didn't have anymore toys, so she gave me the nursing wrap instead :) Don't worry we were sitting on the carpet part, not the sticky gross part. Bailey slept most of the movie. When she woke up, she nursed and then sat with Daddy and watched the movie!

We had to take Bryan home after that :( We look forward to our next visit. I hope all of you had a great July 4th weekend and maybe you remembered to take pictures :)

3 comments:

Shyla said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Our 4th was rained out so it sounds like you guys were lucky!

Lori P. said...

I forgot to take pictures too.

Junaiths said...

Hi
Kindly go through my blogs..
http://junaithslense.blogspot.com/
http://blacknectarine.blogspot.com/
regards
Junaith