Saturday, December 16, 2006

Hello out there!

Well I know that it has been over a month since my last post, but better late than never, right? Last night we had our Festival of Choirs. Five elementary schools got together and our choirs all sang on one stage. It was really awesome! I got to conduct the piece that our choir sang by themselves and my coworker got to conduct a piece that all of them sang together. She did really well.

Today Bryan and I had to wake up early to go and pick up our car. Jonathan gave us a ride on his way to work. Bryan suggested that we get donuts for breakfast on our way home, I gave in. We came home and worked on our Christmas shopping list and then headed out to Wal-Mart. I bought most of our gifts today. I haven't bought Bryan or Jonathan's presents yet. I couldn't buy Bryan's today because he was with me and I have to go to Austin to get Jonathan's present. I hope that he likes it! I would say what it is, but sometimes he reads this.

Tomorrow we have a Christmas party to go to at church. We are both supposed to bring a white elephant gift, $5. I'm not sure what to get, if you have any suggestions, let me know. The boys usually buy gag gifts, but the girls usually buy normal things.

I have been thinking about laminate flooring a lot lately. I think that it is because our carpet is so stained and I'm really tired of it. I'm a little nervous about laminate flooring though because you can't just vacuum it. I might have to buy one of those expensive swifers, I've heard that they work really well. I hope all of you have a wonderful Saturday.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Glad to hear from you, again. My mom loves her swifer thingy. She has been threatening to get me one for a year now. So, I guess they work well.

Amy said...

Swiffers are great! If I could give you a cheaper notion? I use an old bath towel and spray cleaning solution on the floor. Then I stand on the towel and scoot around, using my big toe to get at the stubborn stuff. Then you can just throw the towel in the wash. I have used both a swiffer and a cheap towel. I think they both work equally well.