Tuesday, December 20, 2005

5 YEARS

Sunday was our 5 year anniversary. It is hard to believe that it has already been five years. We went down to Austin and got a room at the same hotel that we stayed in when we got married. The room looked very similar to the original, but we couldn't remember the original room number. We got to the hotel about 4 from being with the fam and then got ready and went out to dinner. We went to Pappasidos and it was very, very good. It was a special occasion so we even ordered dessert. We forgot to take our wedding video with us (we usually watch it every year), plus it is on an ancient VCR tape and I didn't see a player there. We will have to get Scott to transfer it over to DVD for us. We are very thankful for our 5 years together and we are looking forward to many more to come.

5 comments:

Karen said...

That is still hard to believe for me too. I'm sure Scott would be happy to transfer your VHS to DVD. He's all about getting rid of analog. Get a DVD and we'll bring it back with us.

Ginger said...

I was shocked when you called Karen the other day and said it was your 5 year anniversary! Jason and I will celebrate 5 years in May as well! Does it feel like 50 years someday and 5 days others? Or is that just me?

Chris said...

Our anniversary is somewhere around now, too.

Rebecca said...

I'm glad that you are sure of your special day. You can always tell which couples got married in college, their anniversaries are Spring Break or Christmas Break.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I found your blog through Chris' blog...so I just wanted to say "way to hang in there!" My husband and I were married during spring break (during our senior year in college) and have now been together for over 23 years! Anyway...I just wanted to say congratulations!

Regards,

Mary Stevens
life after bankruptcy